With the holidays coming up, and plans to be with extended family, this game is perfect for larger groups. Need something to do while the turkey is basting, or the pies are baking? Maybe you are looking for something to do together after everyone has stuffed themselves with Thanksgiving goodness. Maybe you just want to laugh and have fun. This game is perfect for all of the above.
Don't exclude your kids. They are fast movers and will be a great asset to your team. Our 5 year old is great at this game. Ideally, round up 10 or more players, but we have played with as few as 4.
Object of the Game
To win "Rock, Paper, Scissors" AND get your team across to the other side first.
Items Needed / Set-Up
Chairs, 8-10 of them, lined up in a row.
Chairs without arms are ideal.
How to Play
1. Split everyone into 2 teams.
2. Each team stands at opposite ends of the row of chairs in a single file line.
3. On the count of 3, one person from each group sits down on the chair closest to them and QUICKLY moves down the line of chairs: Sitting on every chair as they work their way down the row. *Their bottoms MUST touch each chair.*
4. Theoretically, the 2 people should meet in the middle (the two middle chairs). When they meet, they play "Rock, Paper, Scissors" as fast as they can. Tie, play again.
5. The WINNER of "Rock, Paper, Scissors" gets to proceed down the line of chairs while the loser runs back to his team and the back of the line.
6. While the winner continues "bouncing" down the line of chairs trying to get to the other side, the next player from the losers team needs to jump on the first chair fast and start moving down the line to meet them. When they meet, they play "Rock, Paper, Scissors". And the game continues.
7. Only one person from each team can be sitting on the chairs at a time.
8. Move fast and keep going until your whole team gets to the other side of the row of chairs
Remember, the object is to get your team across the chairs and to the other side. That happens by moving fast and winning "Rock, Paper, Scissors" as you go.
This game is really simple but I feel like it was hard to explain in words. I wish I could show you. If you have any questions, or there is confusion, PLEASE leave me a comment and I will see if I can clarify.
Have a great weekend. Only two weeks until Turkey day. Where has the year gone?